Marketing Genius from Maple Creative

HOME

Marketing tips, observations & philosophy, plus a few rants and random musings - from those who practice, preach and teach marketing, research, advertising, public relations and business strategy.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Santa Claus

Being in the business I'm in, I love commercials. I love to watch them, critique them and learn from them. Some of my favorite commercials are the Quizno commercials because let's face it, Bob's adorable. Although their latest commercial does not rank highly with me. It is the commercial staring Dave Lieberman and at the end Dave says to Bob, "next thing I know Bob you'll be telling me Santa Claus is not real." Even Bob has a puzzled look on his face. Before having our first child I would have laughed and went on about my day. Now that I have a child and have experienced her first Christmas, I cannot wait for her to continue to grow and watch her excitement and curiosity in Santa Claus continue to grow. I know one day she too will question the existence of Santa Claus but I hope that it is because of her own investigating and not because of some commercial she sees or something she reads. Should Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and any other childhood dream be left out of commercials? Whose to say. I know one must do what is right for their company and what will sell their products. I just hope that little dreams don't come to an end when the 30 second spot is over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home