Marketing Genius from Maple Creative

HOME

Marketing tips, observations & philosophy, plus a few rants and random musings - from those who practice, preach and teach marketing, research, advertising, public relations and business strategy.

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Swing Batter - Miss

Jeep.

Oh, Jeep.

Why did you wait so darn long?

You missed the sweetspot.

You missed the sales curve.

You missed the demand and you got rid of my favorite - The Boxy Cherokee.

Me thinks you missed the SUV party train.

SUV sales are plummeting (I have a Toyota Sequoia, my wallet can tell you why) and you introduce the all new, big honkin', gas guzzlin' Commander.

Swing Batter - Whif!

I know you couldn't stop it. You'd been planning to do it for quite some time. But, wow, I don't think the timing could have been any more against this product launch.

The Commander, I am afraid, is going to have a tough time of it.

As much as I love your brand, I can't understand the abandonment of the traditional, boxy Cherokee and the ill timed introduction of the Commander.

The Liberty is not a Cherokee.

People are downsizing their vehicles.

The next two quarters will be interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home