Marketing Genius from Maple Creative


Marketing tips, observations & philosophy, plus a few rants and random musings - from those who practice, preach and teach marketing, research, advertising, public relations and business strategy.

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Swing Batter - Miss


Oh, Jeep.

Why did you wait so darn long?

You missed the sweetspot.

You missed the sales curve.

You missed the demand and you got rid of my favorite - The Boxy Cherokee.

Me thinks you missed the SUV party train.

SUV sales are plummeting (I have a Toyota Sequoia, my wallet can tell you why) and you introduce the all new, big honkin', gas guzzlin' Commander.

Swing Batter - Whif!

I know you couldn't stop it. You'd been planning to do it for quite some time. But, wow, I don't think the timing could have been any more against this product launch.

The Commander, I am afraid, is going to have a tough time of it.

As much as I love your brand, I can't understand the abandonment of the traditional, boxy Cherokee and the ill timed introduction of the Commander.

The Liberty is not a Cherokee.

People are downsizing their vehicles.

The next two quarters will be interesting.


Post a Comment

<< Home