Marketing Genius from Maple Creative

HOME

Marketing tips, observations & philosophy, plus a few rants and random musings - from those who practice, preach and teach marketing, research, advertising, public relations and business strategy.

Thursday, April 08, 2004

Every product in my shower is white

I'm not sure what led me to notice this, but every product that we use in our shower at home is white.

Paul Mitchell shampoo (white)
Phi Tenbella shampoo & conditioner (both white)
Dove body wash (white)
Beauti Control facial cleanser & scrub (both white)
Lever bar soap (white)
Tilex mildew control spray (white)
Squeegee (white)

This may mean, simply, that my wife and I have an affinity for products that are white. Or, it may mean that white is the color preference of packaging design today for personal care products. What colors do you find in your shower?

By the way, I do my best thinking while showering and shaving. It has to do with the right-brain shift, which I have studied extensively. Two fundamental works on the topic are:
Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain - Betty Edwards
The Breakout Principle - Herbert Benson, M.D.

... in case you want to learn more.

1 Comments:

Blogger Skip Lineberg said...

Hi Karan!

Good insight about the color white.

Thanks for your comment.

Skip

10:40 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home