Marketing Genius from Maple Creative

HOME

Marketing tips, observations & philosophy, plus a few rants and random musings - from those who practice, preach and teach marketing, research, advertising, public relations and business strategy.

Thursday, July 03, 2008

Independence Day


Dear Marketing Geniuses: Will you join me for a one-day break from the learning and discussion of marketing? I want to invite and urge you to post a tribute to the USA or to share what you appreciate about our great nation. Also feel free to exercise your 1st Amendment right to disagree, if you wish.

July 4th, 2008 - Another Independence Day is upon us, and America remains without question the finest nation that's ever been built in the history of mankind. I am proud to be an American. While that may sound corny to some, and it may not be popular to say anymore, know that it's a heartfelt statement.

On the eve of our nation's birthday, I am thankful to live in a nation where I can think and speak freely. Where I can publish a blog, for instance. I am thankful to live in a nation where I can own property--a house, a business, a vehicle. I'm proud to live in a nation in which I can worship freely and live every day without fear or persecution. The US of A ... it's not perfect, but still the best nation in this world.

Photo: Town square, Ripley, W.Va., July 4, 2001

Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

Hey, thanks for the good entry... Here's a sample marketing plan that might help your readers out...

11:11 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

S,

Great idea! The following encompasses why I am so proud of my country. I wish I could take credit, but these are the words of W. Clement Stone.

/EB

It was on a warm day early in July that more than fifty men stood under the threat of treason to declare us freeā€¦.The audacity of their thinking screamed from the ornately penned manuscript. "We believe... that all men are created equal."

Never before in the history of mankind had any group dared to say that the child of a pauper and the child of a prince should stand equally before opportunity.

The most beautiful idea of the ages lit the heavens when these men defied the rigid regime of the earth's past and gave you and your posterity a written guarantee to unlimited achievement.

They made your right to try inalienable.

This is the glory of our nation... a glory triumphant over the toil, trials and tears of our forefathers. This is the glory that we must never relinquish... even in our thoughts. It would behoove us to ponder it more frequently than one day each July.

Remember, we will fail our heritage only when we no longer try.

12:54 PM

 
Blogger Skip Lineberg said...

Joe-

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation. That's a nice sample integrated marketing plan that you've shared with the audience!

Skip

10:46 PM

 
Blogger Skip Lineberg said...

Emily-

Great addition to the patriotic theme. Much appreciated!

Skip

PS - Hope you're enjoying the George Michael concert right about now. :~)

10:47 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adorable photo!

1:20 PM

 
Blogger Skip Lineberg said...

Rebecca,

Thanks, much appreciated. As a father and as a proud American, that photo envokes such powerful emotions for me ... the dad holding his little daughter, the courthouse in the background adorned in red-white-and-blue bunting, the Uncle Sam hats on the kids, plus the other handheld flags in the background. The emotion of the image still gives me goosebumps and brings a lump to my throat.

I'll go take my meds now. :~)

Skip

2:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home