Marketing Genius from Maple Creative

HOME

Marketing tips, observations & philosophy, plus a few rants and random musings - from those who practice, preach and teach marketing, research, advertising, public relations and business strategy.

Friday, April 01, 2005

Boy that's hot!

I dunno if it's just me or not, but something changed at my local coffee house.

They have begun using a new coffee sleeve, you know the thing that is supposed to keep your hand from getting burned when you are carrying your coffee back to your office.

Well, I noticed the other day that my hand didn't make it. The sleeve wasn't doing it's job. Basically - the sleeve is too thin. Either someone tried to save money on production or we got a bad batch of coffee sleeves.

Don't get me wrong. the sleeve looks pretty - it has some famous art work on it.

But nonetheless - I'm getting burned.

So, each time I order, I have to ask for two sleeves. This causes a distraction in the whole process of getting served and the people behind me look at me like I'm a little weird (I'm keeping them from their coffee).

I'm not going to name the company that has created the sleeve, I've called and they have said they are going to call me back and let me know what they find out about the situation, so I'll keep you updated.

Here's why this is important. I had a client ask about placing their marketing message on these sleeves.

My concern is that my client's logo and marketing message would be on a product that is in essence burning their target customers.

I'll keep you updated. Until then, watch out for the thin coffee sleeves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home