Marketing Genius from Maple Creative

HOME

Marketing tips, observations & philosophy, plus a few rants and random musings - from those who practice, preach and teach marketing, research, advertising, public relations and business strategy.

Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Word It - the contest!

Graphic design gurus Armin Vit and Bryony Gomez-Palacio have a fun contest running at their blog, Speak Up. The contest is called Word It. The rules are quite simple. Each week they select a one-word theme. Contestants submit an image (a photo, drawing or a word) that best depicts or describes the theme.

This week's theme was "Green." I submitted a photo of The Green Monster, and it made the cut. [polite applause, golf claps welcome!]

When I think of green, I think of The Green Monster, the mammoth left field wall at Fenway Park in Boston.

So anyway, that was fun! I think it's a great example of a thinking contest that is meaningful and rewarding. To me its much more fun than bowling with polar bears, etc.

You can check out Speak Up here: click this. I highly recommend that you add it to your reading list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home