Marketing Genius from Maple Creative

HOME

Marketing tips, observations & philosophy, plus a few rants and random musings - from those who practice, preach and teach marketing, research, advertising, public relations and business strategy.

Monday, November 10, 2008

Follow-up to "The Way We Leave"

Back in September, I shared my story of how I "broke up" with my drycleaner.

Drycleaner "P" (my former drycleaner) blew it. Their lack of attention to detail, caused their quality to slip. Their front-line service personnel just were not friendly enough. I deserve someone who recognizes me and knows my name--and I used to get that at Drycleaner "P."

Cut to the chase ... and here's the news: they went out of business at the end of October. It appears that I was not the only one who quit them. Meanwhile, I am perfectly happy over at Drycleaner "G." My wife just commented on how much less we are spending on drycleaning.

Marketing genius takeaway: Never lose touch with the pulse of your customers. How much do they love you today? And how do you know this?

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home