Marketing Genius from Maple Creative

HOME

Marketing tips, observations & philosophy, plus a few rants and random musings - from those who practice, preach and teach marketing, research, advertising, public relations and business strategy.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Leveraging the Bus Driver - A Case of Marketing Genius

Seen recently, along a rural stretch of I-95 in the Carolinas, the following billboard message:

Hungry?

Burger King - 5 miles ahead

Bus drivers eat free!

I would bet that many otherwise undecided bus drivers have enjoyed many a free meal at that Burger King. I'll also bet that the decision of where to stop and eat often falls to the bus driver, no? What a clever concept and compelling offer!

The right message in the right place at the right time ... is a powerful combination. Kudos to the marketing genius who conceptualized and implemented this billboard offer.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

I must admit....It makes me rethink my career choice for a minute or two! Free meals!?

I've seen many billboards on my many travels, but never one like this.

Great post, Skip!

10:16 AM

 
Blogger Skip Lineberg said...

Jen-

Too funny! We would never allow you to leave the marketing profession.

Thanks for your comment--very much appreciated!

Skip

10:34 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home