Marketing Genius from Maple Creative

HOME

Marketing tips, observations & philosophy, plus a few rants and random musings - from those who practice, preach and teach marketing, research, advertising, public relations and business strategy.

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

IMC Case Study

So...it's still about 3 weeks away, but with 3 conferences/events that are scheduled right around that time as well...I thought I should get an early start on brainstorming for the project.

My job is to select a real-world company that has a specific marketing challenge and write a case study about it....

First I ask:
Any suggestions for companies with obvious marketing challenges--a company with enough history and information as so I can efficiently gather enough information to formulate a case study (that must include graphs, charts, data tables, web links, supporting documents, etc.)

Second I ask, from those of you who have written their own case study:
Do you have any suggestions or tips as to how to make the process of writng smoother and less-stressful [than I anticipate it to be]?

Again, thanks so much. Hope to hear from you!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carrie,

I teach a marketing course at a local univeristy and we do a similar exercise. The hot companies have been anyone in the auto industry who is really having a difficult time with the economy, the upscale retailers like a Macy's and Bloomingdales, and the struggling box stores like Circuit City.

Good luck wiht your upcoming events.

Brian

7:46 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Brian. If I can recall correctly, I think I did a similar case study on General Motors. I'd have to go back and review my assignments though.

Good luck!
JJ

10:37 AM

 
Blogger Carrie Bowe said...

I would most defintely like to chat with you if you can find your GM case study.
That is the topic I am trying to work on, but it's becoming increasingly overwhelming...I don't even know where to begin with it.

8:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home