Marketing Genius from Maple Creative

HOME

Marketing tips, observations & philosophy, plus a few rants and random musings - from those who practice, preach and teach marketing, research, advertising, public relations and business strategy.

Sunday, February 17, 2008

More on E-Mail Overload

The gurus at Silverpop continue to provide coverage of what's coming in email inbox technology. Here's an excerpt from their newest article:

Is Email Taking Over Your Life?
Another guest posting that contemplates the future of email, from my colleague, Scott Voigt...
From Scott:It dawned on me the other day, that I spend more time with my inbox than I do with... well... anything! Seriously, this is sad, but totally true. Staring at Outlook (or at least having it stare at me) for more hours than I spend with my wife and daughter, what's up with that? Even worse, given the inordinate amount of time that I allocate to the inbox, I still don't feel in control of it. Calgon, take me away!


And here's the link to the full article:
http://emailmarketing.silverpop.com/archive/2008/02/is_email_taking.html

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The recipient’s e-mail mail box is bulging with spam, unsolicited e-mails from unknown senders, and legitimate e-mail from trusted senders.

Recipients are growing more suspicious and more sophisticated.

Recipients are growing less willing to opt-in into new lists.

Many recipients view e-mail as a source of misery with only occasional value.

Some recipients feel that all e-mail is spam until proven otherwise. The Delete key hums as does the “mark as spam” button.

Trust of email marketers is eroding---this is real impact of spam.

John Bradley Jackson
Author: First, Best or Different.
www.firstbestordifferent. com

11:12 AM

 
Blogger Skip Lineberg said...

John-

I look forward to checking out your book. Thanks for stopping by the Marketing Genius blog to weigh in on e-mail overload. Great comments!

Skip

7:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home