Marketing Genius from Maple Creative

HOME

Marketing tips, observations & philosophy, plus a few rants and random musings - from those who practice, preach and teach marketing, research, advertising, public relations and business strategy.

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The Dip - Seth's New Book

I just started reading The Dip by Seth Godin. Ever dive into a book and find that you can't put it down? That's this book. Seth is a remarkably gifted writer (and marketer). And if you are not reading his blog, you are missing out on some great business and cultural commentary.

Look forward to a full review of The Dip from yours truly, very soon.


We know that you marketing geniuses are voracious readers. So tell us, what book is on your nightstand right now?

Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I have found your blog site as one of my essentials and have included it along side Seth's, GK's on my feeds. Right now I have The Elements of Persuation by Richard Maxwell and Robert Dickman. This title which you have recommended have found its space in my shelf. Great read. Keep the reviews coming please. You bring valuable resource to our Marketing Careers! Kudos to the Marketing Genius!

7:40 PM

 
Blogger Skip Lineberg said...

Dear Bong,

Thanks for your comment! I'm glad that you find the Marketing Genius blog to be so valuable. We are proud to have you as a member of our community. We would be glad to hear from you on book recommendations and other marketing insights.

Skip

6:38 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello!

I am usually a 1-2 book at a time girl, but am experiencing a manic literary episode of late.

Currently:

The Survivor: Bill Clinton in the White House by John F. Harris

Clapton by Eric Clapton

Into the Wild by John Krakauer

The Spooky Art: Some Thoughts on Writing by Norman Mailer

The Good Life by Jay McInerney

Reading this much simultaneously isn't nearly as enjoyable as reading one book at a time.

And on top of all the books, I have my blogroll to keep up with. And newspapers. And Vanity Fair. (I'm reading 3 months worth of my beloved Vanity Fair because I'm so far behind.)

Whew. (Wiping brow...)

9:01 AM

 
Blogger Pattie Baker said...

I reread The Creative Habit (by Twyla Tharp) annually. The best in its genre.

12:22 PM

 
Blogger Skip Lineberg said...

Pattie-
Thanks for sharing your reading recommendation with us! I will check out The Creative Habit. And by the way, love your Web site and your blogs. Especially loved the unicycle story and the christmas caroling in the neighborhood story. Please stay in touch.
Best regards,
Skip

3:17 PM

 
Blogger Skip Lineberg said...

Karan-

I share your embrace of Vanity Fair. It's simply the best magazine, in my opinion. Love the stories and the photography. In fact, I need to subscribe to it.

Sounds like your nightstand is piling up. That's okay. Let us know if any of those current tomes emerge as Must-Reads.

Thanks, as always, for reading and contributing.
~Skip

3:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home